MGH DACCPM Credentialing Process
In order to be credentialed to independently interrogate and reprogram a
pacemaker or an ICD, an MGH anesthesiologist must complete the following steps in
- Read a basic EP text
- Watch the 22 training lectures
- Observe 40 interrogations performed by either a member of the EP team or an EP credentialed cardiac anesthesiologist. Each observation should be recorded on the observation form
- Perform 40 interrogations with the direct supervision of a member of the EP team or an EP credentialed cardiac anesthesiologist. Each interrogation should be recorded on the interrogation form
- Attend a one-hour training seminar for Abbott, Biotronik, Boston Scientific, and Medtronic.
- Pass the MGH credentialing Exam
- Although we highly recommend that you take and hopefully pass the IBHRE, taking this test is not obligatory, given the cost and time required to prepare.
Go to Credentialling Documentation